The Best Pumpkin Cornbread

pumpkin cornbread pin

pumpkin cornbread 6

You may have heard me mention once or twice (or 605 annnnoying times) that I got a new camera. Yaaaaay! This is good news for all of us because as soon as I master it (maybe that’s never though? Eek), then all of our eyeballs won’t have to look at dreadful photos anymore. However, there’s a learning curve that goes along with this grown-up camera, and it’s no joke.

First and foremost, I don’t like to read instruction manuals. Ever. I like to fiddle with a gadget until I figure it out. In a dream world, said gadget would be intuitive and user-friendly, so the ‘figuring it out’ part is short-lived, buuuut that is most definitely not the case with this camera. I had to read A LOT of the manual. It was brutal. <insert obnoxious whining>

pumpkin cornbread 2

Here we are where at least I’m able to attempt photos with it though. I feel that is a feat in and of itself. This pumpkin cornbread was the first effort. Well, it was… interesting. Since only a mere handful of photos were mildly presentable, it made photo editing veeery brief!!! I guess that’s the gold lining. ūüėČ

Witness a¬†faux pas. Oh, hey! There’s me! In the reflection of the spoon… yeah, in the pink dress. Nice work, me. Sharp photography skills!

pumpkin cornbread 5

While it’s been an intimidating process, it’s been fun to learn too. I genuinely love learning, and it’s exciting to venture into new territory. I’m a total novice, so I’d really love if you’d share your favorite photography tip with me! In the meantime, let’s talk about more pumpkin things! As though that hasn’t been an excessive theme here lately. Haha. We’re still rollin’ with it.

pumpkin cornbread 4

For the longest time, I didn’t see pumpkin and cornbread as a natural fit and it felt gimmicky to combine those two things, like, what else can we cram pumpkin into? I got on board with it last fall¬†though¬†in the form of this cornbread. It’s straight-up¬†phenomenal. It has¬†detectable pumpkin flavor, but not overwhelming so, and pumpkin complements cornbread more beautifully than I ever would’ve imagined. The overall flavor is awesome, but it’s also unbelievably moist. The most moist bread there ever was. It doesn’t need honey, but just a drizzle = perfection.

We just finished this batch but I still need more. I’m already excited to make it again.

pumpkin cornbread 3

Pumpkin Cornbread
A quick pumpkin cornbread recipe with delicious flavors of honey, molasses, and pumpkin.
Recipe type: Bread
Serves: 9
  • 1 c. yellow cornmeal
  • ½ c. flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • ¼ c. brown sugar
  • 1¼ c. creamed corn
  • 1 c. pumpkin
  • 3 tbsp. molasses
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • ¼ c. butter, melted, slightly cooled
  • ¼ c. milk
  • honey, for drizzling
  1. In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar; mix with a whisk until well-blended.
  2. Add creamed corn, pumpkin, and molasses. Stir just until blended.
  3. Add egg, butter, and milk. Stir just until blended.
  4. Pour batter into a greased 8-inch square pan.
  5. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out mostly clean.

pumpkin cornbread 7

I heart this bread beyond words. I assure you it’s not this frighteningly orange in real life! Ha!

Hi Blair! Oh, thank you for pinning, and for coming by again! :) It’s almost Friday – yay!! I hope you’re gearing up for a fantastic weekend!

I loved the feeling of my new camera too but it is always a learning curve!! You will get it all down soon. I love this corn bread…now i just need some chilli!

Yes, it’s been both exciting and daunting. I love the camera so far, but there are some intense moments of frustration. Haha! Chili does sound awesome. I am a serious soup-lover. If only it would drop below 90 degrees here in FL. Soon, hopefully! TGIF! Thanks for coming by again, Zainab!! :)

Mmm, that cornbread looks really good! I love the idea of cramming pumpkin into cornbread! But then, I like cramming it into everything! And I think your photos are much better than you give yourself credit for Sarah! I love the honey drizzled all over the cornbread in these ones! :)

Oh, thank you, Stacey! You’re so kind! I love having a shiny new camera, but it’s a learning curve, for sure. As I photographed, the honey turned into a puddle and I was kind of like: “Eh, what are ya gonna do?” Haha. That’s just the way it goes! Omgosh, this pumpkin bread is incredible! You should try a version – it’s totally delicious! Have a GREAT weekend!!

Congrats on getting a new camera! That’s so exciting! I just got a new one about a month ago, so I’m still learning the ropes, too. And I hate reading instructions, too! This pumpkin cornbread sounds amazing! I love your creativity with adding pumpkin to a tasty bread. Cornbread is my favorite to eat in the fall, so I’m definitely trying this out! Thanks for sharing!

Hi Gayle! Thanks for stopping by here! Yes, the camera thing has been quite a journey. I love it and am looking forward to better pictures on here, but WOW it was frustrating initially. Haha. It’s getting better each time! This cornbread is my favorite version because… PUMPKIN! I know people hate the word moist, but seriously, it’s got that going for it. Good stuff. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!! :)

Hi Taylor! Thanks so much for coming by again, and thanks for hosting the party! :) Is there ever a time that pumpkin doesn’t make something SO MUCH better?! Haha. Hope you’re having a fabulous weekend!!

Hi Michelle! It wasn’t a natural combination to me either initially, but WOW is it good. It’s really fantastic together. Give it a go! Thanks for coming by. Happy Sunday! :)

I never thought to add pumpkin to my corn bread, what am amazing idea! Pinned to try this delicious idea! Saying hello from happiness is homemade! :-)

Hi Cathy! Thanks for swinging by again! I didn’t always think pumpkin and cornbread would necessarily be a good fit, but it’s actually incredible! You should definitely give it a go. The flavors are delicious together, and the bread is so moist! Happy Sunday to you! :)

Hi Lindsey! Pumpkin and cornbread are a secret power duo. You don’t see them combined much, but they’re awesome together! Give it a try! Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

I love cornbread, but I’ve never tried Pumpkin Cornbread. Hmmm, sounds really good. I’m sharing this post on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Thanks for stopping by and linking up for Scraptastic Saturdays.

I am SO on board with this bread combo!
    Not only would I drizzle honey ALL over, BUT I’d be sure to complement the pumpkin cornbread with some AMAZE pumpkin butter!!! I can taste the calories already‚Ķand I don’t even mind it! Haha.

:) Anna

Oooooooh… that is brilliant. The pumpkin butter must happen! What a great idea! Yes, the flavor combo is DELISH! The pumpkin and cornbread go together swimmingly! Thanks so much for stopping by, Anna!! :)

Hi Heather! Omgosh, zucchini cornbread is a GREAT idea!! I have a few zucchini bread recipes that are family favorites, but none combine it with cornbread! I love that!! Sounds delicious! Thanks so much for stopping by and for pinning this recipe! :)

I know what you mean! Pumpkin and cornbread wasn’t initially a combination I thought would work well together, but it’s fantastic! I hope you try it! Thanks for pinning and for the party! :)

I’m definitely into all the pumpkin stuff, but I know what you mean – pumpkin doesn’t need crammed into every single thing! But this cornbread is one of those things where the pumpkin definitely adds to it! Happy Saturday to you! :)

Oh how I love cornbread. This recipe sounds wonderful. It was one of the most viewed on last week’s Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop and is featured THIS week! Be sure to stop by :)

Oh, that’s wonderful to hear! Thanks so much for featuring it, Sinea! What an honor. Thank you for your kind comment! Hope you’re enjoying your Sunday! :)

Oh cool! Thanks so much for stopping over! I’m so glad you like the Pumpkin Cornbread! We loooove it. I just made it and I already want some again. Have a great day! :)

1. […] For those of us who are pumpkin-obsessed this time of year, here is a new combination to satisfy your craving and allow the best of both worlds! With just a subtle hint of pumpkin flavor, this recipe is on the sweet and cake-y side of the cornbread spectrum. Get the recipe here. […]