Amaretto Crepes with Cranberry-Raspberry Sauce & Sweet Mascarpone Filling

These amaretto crepes are filled with a sweet vanilla Mascarpone cheese and topped with amaretto Cranberry-Raspberry sauce! A delicious and pretty holiday breakfast, brunch, or dessert idea!

amaretto mascarpone cheese crepes with cranberry raspberry sauce 7

It’s been a looong time since I’ve made crepes! My go-to recipe for a while was a healthier version that limited the amount of butter and sugar. Basically, all the good stuff. I’ve also made an ultra-healthy version of crepes using only egg whites and protein powder. Trust me, it’s much better than it sounds. But these…. no skimping on the ingredients in these! And I don’t just mean the crepes themselves. I pulled out all the stops on the filling and the sauce too!

amaretto mascarpone cheese crepes with cranberry raspberry sauce 8

These crepes make for a really pretty and fancy-like holiday brunch or dessert. They may seem like a lot of ingredients and parts, but the steps are super simple, and all the components can easily be made ahead of time! I did a heck of a lot of multi-tasking while these were going down in the kitchen, and still managed not to ruin everything.

If there’s one tricky part, it’s flipping the crepes. They’re delicate and thin, so they can tear easily if you’re not gentle. In an ideal world, S.O. would’ve been home from golf in time to help with the flipping part because he does that cool and special trick where he can flip everything without a spatula. But I did it myself. If I can do it, you can too. And I had ZERO patience about it, so you’ll probably be off to a better start already.

amaretto mascarpone cheese crepes with cranberry raspberry sauce 1

The crepes themselves are SO good, I found myself rolling one up and dunking it straight into a jar of raspberry jam. That was before the Cranberry-Raspberry Sauce had cooled to an eatable temperature. Classy. Fancy and classy. That’s the sort of household I run. Actually, the cat runs this house, but that’s a whole other story.

Once the Cranberry-Raspberry Sauce reached a temperature that wouldn’t burn my mouth like the devil, I was eating it by massive spoonfuls. It is life-giving. I swear there are few things on earth that taste better than this stuff. The amaretto with the cranberries and the raspberries…. dying over the flavors altogether. Ladle it onto everything you eat from this point on… ever.

amaretto mascarpone cheese crepes with cranberry raspberry sauce 3

And the filling. It’s divine too. Mascarpone cheese is a funny thing. It’s kinda bland all on it’s own, but the tiniest bit of sprucing up takes it to a whole new level. A little sugar and vanilla is all it needs to have serious wow factor. That’s it.

Dessert for breakfast. At it again. I’ll never stop finding ways to make that happen. This is one of my favorite recipes of all time. Really.

amaretto mascarpone cheese crepes with cranberry raspberry sauce 10

Also, today, I teamed up with some fabulous blogger friends to create berry-themed holiday recipes for a Merry Berry Christmas Blog Hop! Be sure to pop around to the other bloggers to check out their berry recipes! Enjoy the party! :)

Amaretto Crepes with Cranberry-Raspberry Sauce & Sweet Mascarpone Filling
Amaretto liquer crepes with sweet vanilla Mascarpone cheese filling and topped with amaretto Cranberry Raspberry sauce!
Recipe type: Breakfast - sweet
Serves: 8-10 crepes
Cranberry-Raspberry Sauce:
  • 1 - 12 oz. package fresh cranberries
  • 1 - 12 oz. package fresh raspberries
  • 1 c. sugar
  • ¾ c. water
  • ¼ c. amaretto liqueur
  • ½ tsp. almond extract
Amaretto Crepes:
  • 4 eggs
  • 1½ c. milk
  • ¾ c. water
  • 2 c. flour (I used oat flour!)
  • ½ c. melted butter, slightly cooled
  • ¼ c. sugar
  • ¼ c. amaretto liqueur
Mascarpone Filling:
  • 1 - 8 oz. container Mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
  • 2 tbsp. sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
For Cranberry-Raspberry Sauce:
  1. In a large pot, combine all ingredients and cook on medium-high heat, bringing it to a boil.
  2. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
  3. Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
For Amaretto Crepes:
  1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth.
  2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, pour about ⅓ - ½ c. batter, covering the entire bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
  3. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until the top looks mostly cooked too, even before flipping. Carefully (it will be thin and delicate) flip the crepe over, and cook for about 30 seconds.
  4. Remove crepe from pan, and continue making crepes with remaining batter.
  5. Let them each cool flat on a plate. They stack well between plastic wrap lightly greased with non-stick spray.
For Mascarpone Filling:
  1. In a small bowl, combine Mascarpone cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
  2. Mix until well-combined.
  3. To serve, spoon cheese evenly across the diameter of the crepes, and roll them into 1-2 inch tubes, spoon sauce generously over top. Enjoy!

The crepes only are adapted from this recipe by Alton Brown.

amaretto mascarpone cheese crepes with cranberry raspberry sauce 16

Aww, thank you!! You’re so sweet! The fruit sauce is killer! I ate this for dinner last night, and for lunch today. Crepes all day, apparently! Haha. :)

These crepes are beautiful, Sarah! I so wish I could reach through my computer screen and taste these. I’ve never tried making crepes before because I’m been so afraid I would botch the recipe, but I must try after seeing this! I love the mascarpone filling, too. How perfect for Christmas brunch! Pinned!

You can totally do it, Gayle! It’s been a while since I’ve made them, and these were quite easy. If you’re careful on the flipping part, you’ll be all good. They are SO TASTY too. Worth it!

Lol! Me too! Dessert for breakfast = the best. We try to save splurge-worthy breakfasts for weekends only, but around the holidays, anything goes! :)

2. Heather says

Okay, so I’ve never made crepes before because they seem so intimidating… I love the crepe episode of Good Eats and that you took Alton’s recipe and adapted it. That filling and sauce both look so decadent and I can’t wait to try them! Beautiful pics, Sarah!

I hadn’t made them in such a long time, and I remembered struggling with them in the past because they’re a little fragile, but this time around it really wasn’t difficult. I really liked Alton Brown’s recipe quite a lot, and I think the consistency made them easy to work with. They also taste FABULOUS. Give his recipe a try if you decide to go for it!

Oh how I love elegant dishes — photo ops on a plate!
    This is simply lovely.
    I am sharing it on social media to entice many to come to this week’s blog hop.
    They’ll come!
    Pinning it too!

Thanks so much, Sinea! I’m so glad you like them! Thanks for all the shares! They turned out rather pretty, but more importantly, they taste delicious too! Haha. :)

Oh, the cranberries and raspberries are so great together!! Have you ever had Ocean Spray Cran-Rasp juice? Kinda like that! Tart and sweet, and the amaretto just sends it over the top! Thanks so much! :)

Well, aren’t these just ridiculously GORGEOUS! Seriously, I think I need to get over my fear of crepe-making, because I can hardly stand how amazing these look! That pretty sauce…the luscious mascarpone! Gahhh! Get in mah belly! 😉 Pinned!

Lol! Aww, thank you! You’re sooo sweet! :) YES – you must ditch the crepe fear. They’re actually much easier than I remembered! Just be patient while flipping, and you’ll be all good! They’re kinda fun too because they feel fancy, ya know? Fancy pancakes. Haha. Thanks, Sarah! :)

Cats always run the household! Although my border collie keeps ole fluffy on her toes.

I make crepes at least once a week. My family is lucky that way. So I’m so excited to make this – everything is just perfect. Amaretto, Mascarpone, Raspberries – yes, yes, yes. Thanks!!

LOL! Oh I bet… poor ol’ fluffy! Haha. Sometimes cats put dogs in their place though, ya know? Either way, animals run the house! You make crepes once a week?! That’s awesome!! It had been such a long time since I’d made them, but that’s going to change! :)

Ohhhhhhh these sound amazing!!!! The mascarpone filling sounds soooo good paired with the sauce!!!! Oh this is making me hungry, I looooove crepes!! These sound fabulous!!!

Hi Maria! Thanks so much!! These were AWESOME. Could not stop eating them. They’re totally delicious – let me know if you give them a try!

These look amazing! Definitely have to try them soon! And the colours are beatiful too – perfect for Christmas with the red sauce and the white filling… :)

Have a lovely day,

You make crepes a lot? So impressed! I really need to make them more. They’re not nearly as hard as I recall from years ago. It was actually a lot of fun and they are SOOO delicious! Fancy pancakes! Haha! The Cran-Rasp sauce is out of this world!! Thanks so much, Heather! Btw, I LOVE your blog! :)

1. […] Amaretto Crepes With Cranberry/Raspberry Sauce from The Gold Lining Girl Thick and Chewy Triple Chocolate Cookies from Simply Suzanne’s Perfect Holiday Side Dishes from The Diary of a Real Housewife 3 Reasons Bloggers Have Blogs That Aren’t As Effective As They Could Be by Lady Blogger Grandma Charlotte’s Od Fashioned Sugar Cookie Recipe from Coconut Head Survival Guide   […]

2. […] I always get a kick out of these types of posts on other blogs, so I wanted to share a few recipe fails of my own from the year. I thought it would be fun, even if a little demoralizing. There are hiccups in developing recipes, to be sure. Sometimes I can shrug them off, other days they really get my goat and bum me out, but then I feel bolstered when a creation reeeally works! […]

3. … [Trackback]