Cinnamon Roll, Greek Yogurt, and Orange-Pomegranate Breakfast Parfaits

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. As always, all opinions are mine alone. #WarmUpYourDay #CollectiveBias

Easy breakfast parfaits made with layers of baked and torn up cinnamon rolls and sweet rolls, orange-infused low-fat Greek yogurt, and pomegranate seeds!

cinnamon roll greek yogurt orange pomegranate breakfast parfaits 17

Cinnamon rolls are a source of nostalgia and family tradition for me. Cinnamon rolls make an appearance at pretty much every holiday brunch in my family. I can’t remember the last time we didn’t have them on a holiday morning!

cinnamon roll greek yogurt orange pomegranate breakfast parfaits 16

I’ve also come to think of my Grandma whenever I’m making cinnamon rolls. To this day, she never fails to have a can of them on hand in the fridge. It’s just one of those things that she doesn’t go without. That, and orange juice. She always has 100% Florida OJ in the fridge too. I find this all totally relatable. They are both staples for us that I keep on hand too.

cinnamon roll greek yogurt orange pomegranate breakfast parfaits 1

In my fam, we exclusively make the sweet rolls from a can. They’re much easier and more convenient than making them from scratch (yeast and I are still not getting along), and they’re so flippin’ delicious that it’s almost not worth making them from scratch anyway. They’re gooey and soft, and bursting with cinnamon. Other than the anxiety I get when I’m opening a can (the ‘pop’ scares the daylights out of me), it’s easy to throw them in the oven and enjoy hot, fresh cinnamon rolls 15 minutes later.

cinnamon roll greek yogurt orange pomegranate breakfast parfaits 5

Have you tried the Pepperidge Farms sweet rolls? First of all, they are… gigantic. They are some serious cinnamon rolls. And the flavors are so tempting. I couldn’t decide between Apple Cinnamon and Pecan Caramel, so I bought BOTH. With flavors like that, you understand my dilemma. When I was standing in Walmart with a can of Apple Cinnamon in one hand, and Pecan Caramel in the other, I shrugged and tossed them both in the cart. It was a very easy decision in the end.

walmart 2 walmart 1

I thought it would be fun to use these family favorite foods in a less traditional and conventional way though! These ‘Breakfast Parfaits’ were a unique spin on cinnamon rolls, while still being easy and simple to make. I cut apart baked cinnamon rolls into bite-sized pieces and layered them with Greek yogurt that I sweetened with orange juice, and fresh, juicy pomegranate seeds. The different flavors and textures together were so delightful!

cinnamon roll greek yogurt orange pomegranate breakfast parfaits 8 cinnamon roll greek yogurt orange pomegranate breakfast parfaits 13

In our never-ending efforts to stuff my tiny Grandma with more food, I had her partly in mind while making these. Not only does she love her cinnamon rolls, and loves 100% Florida orange juice, but she also loves yogurt. It’s another item that gets stock-piled in her fridge. By combining several of her favorites, maybe we’ll have discovered her dream meal? I know that I was a big fan of these parfaits, and S.O. really took to them as well!

cinnamon roll greek yogurt orange pomegranate breakfast parfaits 15

Cinnamon Roll, Greek Yogurt, and Orange-Pomegranate Breakfast Parfaits

Easy breakfast parfaits made with layers of baked and cut up sweet rolls, orange-infused low-fat Greek yogurt, and pomegranate seeds!
Author:
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 6 parfaits
Ingredients
  • 2 - 16.3 oz.cans of Pepperidge Farm Sweet Rolls (8 rolls total)
  • 2 c. plain low-fat Greek yogurt
  • ⅓ c. orange juice
  • ¾ tsp. orange extract
  • 2 tbsp. sugar
  • ½ c. pomegranate arils
Directions
  1. Prepare sweet rolls according to package instructions. Cool completely. Cut each roll into about 9 pieces.
  2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine Greek yogurt, orange juice, orange extract, and sugar. Whisk until smooth.
  3. To assemble the parfaits, in small parfait glasses, layer the sweet rolls, Greek yogurt mixture, and pomegranate seeds. Start with approximately ¼ c. Greek yogurt on the bottom, top that with 6-7 cinnamon rolls pieces, and top the cinnamon roll pieces with 1 tbsp. of pomegranate seeds. Repeat the layers again in the same order. Garnish with 1 tbsp. of Greek yogurt mixture on top, and a few pomegranate seeds.
  4. Assemble 6 mini parfaits in total. Enjoy!

cinnamon roll greek yogurt orange pomegranate breakfast parfaits 27

I hope you enjoy this super simple recipe!

Comments

1. Barb says

This looks awesome! It looks so decadent that I’ll feel like I’m having dessert for breakfast! I can’t wait to try it. The easy prep is a big bonus.

Thank you!! I wanted to put a new spin on traditional cinnamon rolls, and parfaits seemed like such a natural place to take them for some reason! Haha! They were so delicious and refreshing. Thanks, Gayle! :)

Thanks, Carrie! I’m glad you think so – I was definitely trying to come up with a new spin on an old favorite, and I think the parfaits turned out well! :) Cinnamon rolls are a family favorite. It was fun to use them in a different way! :)

I say if you can’t remember, it’s probably been too long! Haha! They’re so good – a family favorite of ours, for sure. It was fun to use them in a different way! :)

2. Liane says

I’m loving Greek yogurt in everything right now and the parfait idea is smart! Especially with the oh so classic cinnamon rolls. I’m afraid of the pop too!

The pop terrifies me. When I was in Home Ec class in middle school, everyone fought over opening the cans. Not me, I was scared. Lol. These parfaits were delish! It was fun to try cinnamon rolls in a new way!

I can’t get my hands on pre-made sweet rolls where I live, so I’m going to have to whip up a batch myself. It’s a lot of work, but if the result is this stunning-looking parfait, I think it’s definitely worth it!

Oh no!!! I wish you could get them – they’re very delicious and so easy to prepare! Homemade cinnamon rolls rock too, of course, I just struggle with making yeast-based breads. It’s pathetic! Haha! :)

Those cinnamon rolls look great! I usually make mine from a can too, much easier. I love the idea of combining yogurt and the cinnamon rolls in a parfait. I wish I had this for breakfast today!

It was really fun to experiment with new ways of using classic cinnamon rolls! I love them just the way they are, but this was a delicious twist! Thanks so much, Alyssa! :)

5. Jeff says

Wow, these would be perfect for making at the beginning of the work week for a grab-and-go breakfast every day. I love pomegranate seeds, but I bet they’d be delicious with raisins, too.

Yep, I think raisins or dried cranberries would be really good here too. Whatever goes with cinnamon rolls would work! Pomegranates are so tart and are a nice counterpart, plus they are so juicy and literally burst! I do think these would be great to grab-and-go, maybe in a small plastic container or a mason jar with a lid!

6. Sarah S says

My roommate’s parents always used to make us monkey bread in college . . . This is like a more grown-up version! There are definitely more food groups represented in your recipe

Haha! I did want to add in more food groups if possible! I tried to balance out the sweet and carby stuff with some protein in the Greek yogurt! :)

Thank you so much, Jess! We loved these parfaits. It was a blast to think of a new spin on cinnamon rolls, and they turned out really delish. Thank you! :)

Thank you for stopping in and linking up with us this week on #TheWeekendSocial. We love your ideas and hope to see you again this weekend on KitchenDreaming.com. We have pinned, stumbled & shared your link across our Social Media, FB, G+ and Twitter.