Chocolate Crepes with Peanut Butter Marshmallow Filling and Caramelized Bananas

Chocolate crepes with a marshmallow and peanut butter filling, and topped with caramelized bananas! These are the ultimate in breakfast decadence!

chocolate crepes with peanut butter marshmallow filling and caramelized bananas 9

Oh, yes, they’re back alright. Crepes are back. We had an entire week dedicated to them (that really ended up being almost 2 weeks), and then I forgot about this little number here… but it’s a goooood one.

chocolate crepes with peanut butter marshmallow filling and caramelized bananas 8

These Chocolate Crepes with Peanut Butter Marshmallow Filling and Caramelized Bananas are a lot of flavors in one. My reasoning was this: peanut butter pairs wonderfully with bananas, peanut butter is a fabulous match for marshmallow, and peanut butter is, of course, a power team with chocolate. Wouldn’t you then assume that by their mutual association with peanut butter, all of those things would go together well also??? That’s what I thought too.

chocolate crepes with peanut butter marshmallow filling and caramelized bananas 11

But I’m probably over-complicating things. That’s a lot of analysis for a plate of crepes. Any person with taste buds could guess that chocolate, peanut butter, marshmallow, and bananas are going to be spectacular together! These crepes are awesome! Of the things I’ve made and shared here on the blog, this is a top favorite. Plus, we get to enjoy dessert for breakfast again. I never tire of that. Never, ever.

chocolate crepes with peanut butter marshmallow filling and caramelized bananas 12

Sweet chocolate crepes are filled with a marshmallow frosting mixed with peanut butter. The marshmallow frosting makes the peanut butter filling light, fluffy, and sweet. Topped with bananas that were caramelized with brown sugar and tons of vanilla. There is seriously something truly special about caramelized bananas. I can’t even put into words what a heated pan, vanilla, and brown sugar does to a few regular bananas.  You’ll never want to eat a plain peeled banana ever again.

These crepes are more time-consuming than your typical breakfast, and better saved for a weekend morning, but totally worth the effort!

chocolate crepes with peanut butter marshmallow filling and caramelized bananas 15

chocolate crepes with peanut butter marshmallow filling and caramelized bananas 2

Comments

1. Sara says

Hi,
    I don’t know if it’s just me, but I can’t see the actual directions. These look amazing and my daughter and I really want to try them out but I only see the ingredients list!

There’s a scroll bar in the recipe! It’s really long, so you have to scroll! The recipe box has a scroll bar. By the way, I believe you can substitute marshmallow fluff for the homemade marshmallow, and that would be a little faster and easier if you wanted to take a shortcut!

2. Katie says

Hi these look amazing but I had one question. The filling is a peanut butter marshmallow filling but it doesn’t look like you use any marshmallow at all?? Am I missing something?? Or does the flavor just resemble a marshmallow taste?

Thanks!

Hi Katie! I used a homemade marshmallow frosting to mix with the peanut butter. Traditionally, homemade marshmallow frosting from scratch is made from egg whites and sugar, surprisingly! It’s on top of these cupcakes, for example: http://thegoldlininggirl.com/2015/02/13/pink-champagne-cupcakes-with-marshmallow-frosting/. It’s a little more work this way, but I love how it tastes and how fluffy. In the notes for this crepe recipe, I mention that you can substitute prepared marshmallow fluff too!!! That would be the easier option! Thank you for your question, I hope that helps!

3. Barb says

I am really looking forward to trying these in April! lol! It’s like the best of everything! I love breakfast anytime!

This is my dream brunch, dessert any meal! :-) Sarah, these look simply divine and I love the idea of a chocolate crepe! PINNED and making! This is truly amazing looking! I would love for you to share this at my link party Making Memories Mondays going on now! :-)
    Cathy

I have never tried making Chocolate Crepes! My favorite is either the ~lemon curd, lemon mousse, and raspberries~, or the ~Nutella, Chocolate Mousse, Raspberries (or Strawberries)~. My family will appreciate these!

OMG!! This looks incrediable!! Lots of goodness in a bite! Found you on Wine’d Down Wednesday!! I would love if you stop by my place tomorrow and share some of yor favorite things on My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday – Link party!! I’d love to have you!!

Visiting from the Skip the Housework Link Party. Yum! This looks so good. Your crepes look so perfect and thin! Thank you for sharing the recipe!

Wow, these look fantastic!! I must try them! I wanted to let you know that I’m featuring this post tonight at the Create & Share Link Party (7:00 PM MST)! Congratulations!!! Can’t wait to see what you share with us this week. :)

1. […] 4. A Cafe For Every Parent (via The Architecture Of Early Childhood) 5. A New Way To Carry Your Keys (via KeySmart) 6. Chocolate Crepes With Peanut Butter Marshmallow Filling (via The Gold Lining Girl) […]