Freshly chopped apples, caramel apple yogurt, walnuts, and bites of caramel candy bars are just a few of the delicious ingredients that make up these easy mini pies!
A long time ago, I clipped out a recipe for a Caramel Apple Salad from a magazine. A lot of food bloggers are cookbook hoarders, and while I like to have cookbooks on hand, I’m much more of a magazine person. I can’t tell you how many magazines I’ve subscribed to over the years, and I’ve spent a good many hours clipping out recipes and organizing them into photo albums.
Annnnyway, I have an entire photo album dedicated exclusively to “fall” recipes, and that included a recipe for Caramel Apple Salad. It’s a simple no-bake recipe that whips up pretty quickly, and is a whole lot more like dessert than an actual salad. Incidentally, those are my favorite kinds of ‘salads’… the ones that are actually dessert in disguise.
Despite that the salad had freshly chopped apples as an ingredient, it is otherwise pretty dessert-like, with chopped up candy bars, marshmallows, and caramel sauce, but it’s still creamy and light.
I had this recipe on my mind already this season. I found a few seasonal flavors of yogurt, so I grabbed a couple of the Dannon® Light & Fit® Caramel Apple Pie Yogurt, immediately thinking that these would be delicious incorporated into the Caramel Apple Salad recipe.
Since I think this salad is decidedly more of a light dessert anyway, I thought it would make for a perfect filling for a no-bake pie. Setting out to turn the Caramel Apple Salad into a pie filling, I found these mini graham cracker pie crusts, and thought that they would make for adorable mini pies. They’d be great for holiday entertaining. Fuss-free, perfectly portioned, no-bake mini pies.
These pies are awesome. Bonus: they could not be easier or faster to make. There’s a few minutes of chopping involved, but other than that, you really just mix everything altogether and spoon it into the crusts.
The caramel apple yogurt enhances what is already a very caramel apple-flavored recipe, and it’s very light and fluffy, thanks to the whipped topping and mini marshmallows. With chopped apples, chopped caramel candy bars, walnuts, and a big drizzle of caramel sauce, these mini pies are the perfect sweet bite, rich with fall flavors!
- 4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 - 5.3 oz. Dannon® Light & Fit® Caramel Apple Pie Yogurt
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1½ c. Reddi-Wip® Original
- 1 c. mini marshmallows
- ½ c. chopped walnuts
- 12 mini chocolate nougat & caramel candy bars, chopped
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, finely chopped
- 1 package Keebler® Ready Crust® Mini Graham Cracker Pie Crust (6 count)
- ⅓ c. prepared caramel sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, yogurt, and powdered sugar, beating until smooth.
- Fold in the Reddi-Wip® Original.
- Fold in the marshmallows, walnuts, candy bars, and chopped apples.
- Spoon generously into prepared crusts.
- Top with a drizzle of caramel sauce.
- Store in refrigerator.