Classic marshmallow treats get an upgrade with Cocoa Pebbles! These Mint Chocolate Cocoa Pebbles Marshmallow Treats feature a semi-sweet mint chocolate topping, and mint chocolate baking chips!
If there’s one holiday flavor that I haven’t shown enough love yet this season, it’s mint chocolate. I have oodles of recipes that include cranberries, many more forthcoming with eggnog, and a decent selection of gingerbread recipes… but nothing yet featuring mint chocolate.
These Mint Chocolate Cocoa Pebbles Marshmallow Treats are the mint chocolate fix you are looking for!
I am a cereal fanatic. It’s one of my favorite foods. I’ve talked about this before, but back in college, the dining hall used to put the milk and cereal back out at dinnertime, and some days I’d just have cereal for dinner.
Confession: I still do that sometimes now too. Everyone loves breakfast for dinner, right? But why does that have to just mean eggs and bacon? Cereal for dinner is also one of the best forms of breakfast for dinner, and should not be overlooked.
I also love cereal as replenishment after a tough workout. When I need a good dose of carbs, it’s my go-to.
Cocoa Pebbles and Fruity Pebbles are several of my favorites. I made these Baked Cherry Donuts with Fruity Pebbles Topping earlier this year, and those donuts are still one of the BEST recipes on the blog! The Fruity Pebbles complement the cherry flavor perfectly, and give the donuts a welcome bit of crunch.
But I digress. I could wax poetic all day, but you’re here for a recipe, yes?
I have always wanted to make marshmallow treats with Cocoa Pebbles or Fruity Pebbles, and it’s been on my ever-growing ‘recipe bucket list’.
I’m saving some form of Fruity Pebbles marshmallow treats for another day, but the holidays are no better time than to make these Mint Chocolate Cocoa Pebbles Marshmallow Treats!
Cocoa Pebbles are mixed with butter and melted marshmallows for a classic marshmallow treat, but these treats are topped with a thick layer of melted semi-sweet mint chocolate, and a generous sprinkling of mint chocolate baking chips.
These are such a simple treat to prepare for your holiday cookie tray or Christmas dessert table! You do have an entire table dedicated to desserts on holidays, don’t you?? With minimal prep time, these are quick and easy to make, and they’re such a sweet and crispy confection that are sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
- ⅓ c. butter
- 1 - 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 1 - 11 oz. box Cocoa Pebbles cereal
- 3 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. shortening
- 1½ tsp. mint extract
- 1 - 10 oz. package mint chocolate baking chips
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter.
- Add the marshmallows, and stir until the marshmallows are melted, and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the Cocoa Pebbles, and stir until the cereal is thoroughly coated.
- Press the mixture evenly into the baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips and shortening until smooth.
- Stir in the mint extract.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the marshmallow treats.
- Sprinkle with mint chocolate baking chips.
- Allow to set, at least 1 hour.
- Cut into squares, and DEVOUR!