Cream cheese, cheddar cheese, dried cranberries, cranberry juice, and chopped pecans come together in this super simple cheese ball that is ready in minutes! It’s a sure hit with guests at your football party for the big game!
We entertain often for football games, and we have family and friends over regularly for snacks and drinks on game days. It’s one of our favorite ways to host, and one of our favorite ways to spend time with guests, cheering on our teams!
I’ve shared a lot of our favorite game day recipes on the blog, and we are so excited for the big game this weekend! I know who I’m rooting for, and I really hope my favorite team wins. Who are you rooting for??
We love to entertain for football, and that often includes crackers for serving with a meat and cheese tray, or a cheese ball.
I have been loving Ritz Crackers since I was a kid and my mom used to serve them to us with peanut butter & jelly. You know this peanut butter lover was all over that! They’re a snack that I still turn to in my adult life too.
This is a cinch to make, and it comes together in minutes. It’s so simple. You can find all the ingredients easily in the grocery store, and you probably have most of them in your pantry and refrigerator already!
The cheese ball is a little sweet, and a little savory, but not too much of either. The buttery, salty crackers and the crunchy pecans are a lovely contrast to the smooth and creamy cheeses, and the tart cranberries!
This is such a simple spread for throwing together to entertain guests, and it’s sure to be a hit! I’m excited to share it with friends this weekend while we savor the last football game of the season (*tear*)!
- 1 - 8 oz. package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 - 8 oz. package shredded mild cheddar cheese
- ½ c. chopped dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. cranberry juice
- 1 c. pecan pieces, divided
- 2 tbsp. sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 - 13.7 oz. box RITZ® Crackers
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, dried cranberries, cranberry juice, and ½ c. pecan pieces.
- Stir together until well-combined.
- Mold into a football shape and place on a serving platter.
- Coat with remaining pecan pieces.
- Pipe on football seams with the sour cream.
- Serve with RITZ® Crackers!