Quick and easy coconut cake with coconut pudding, shredded coconut, macadamia nuts, white chocolate chips, and a raspberry syrup topping!
Is it too soon for coconut and macadamia nuts and tropical things? I know I’m in FL, but I’m soooo ready for spring.
Here’s another amazing cake that was born out of a very last minute idea! Another cake that came about because I was killing 2-3 minutes of time while I was waiting for 6 other things to happen in the kitchen!
A cake that requires only a few ingredients, and that you can mix together in about 90 seconds. Seriously.
I used the same basic cake recipe that I used for the spur of the moment Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake, this Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake Cake, and my Grandma’s Pistachio Bread (which is really more like cake!).
The recipe is incredibly versatile, and you can go a myriad of ways with it. You can choose any flavor cake mix, add any flavor of pudding, and just about any type of mix-in.
I would NEVER call this White Chocolate Macadamia Coconut Bundt Cake (w/ Raspberry Syrup) my favorite because that title will always be held by my Grandma’s Pistachio Bread, but I think it might be my second favorite.
For starters, I’m a junkie for white chocolate, but you’ve probably picked up on this by now. But I also just love every single one of these flavors individually and together. They are all better together.
This cake starts out with coconut cake mix and coconut cream pudding, and then I threw in shredded coconut for good measure. This recipe produces an incredibly moist and flavorful cake anyway, but all that coconut flavor is a wonderful addition. The white chocolate chips get all melty, and that makes for a sweet and gooey effect. The macadamia nuts give this cake a tropical flare, and a bit of nuttiness and crunch!
The raspberry syrup on top is one of my favorite fruit sauces. It’s sweet and tangy, so it’s the perfect complement to this rich and sweet cake. And it adds a nice pop of color!
It’s a magical cake. So many wonderful things in a cake that is unbelievably quick to prep, and really pretty to look at.
- 1 box coconut cake mix
- 1 box instant coconut cream pudding (sugar-free will work)
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. sour cream (light sour cream will work)
- ¼ c. oil
- ⅓ c. shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ c. chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. turbinado sugar
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- ⅓ c. amaretto
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, and shredded coconut.
- Fold in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly into a well-greased tube pan or angel food cake pan.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean, and the edges are golden brown.
- Cool bread in pan for 30 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare syrup.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring all syrup ingredients to a simmer, cooking for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and cool completely.
- Chill. Serve with cake.