A Christmas version of a rice krispie treat – these are festive and delicious! With a classic combo of white chocolate, cranberries, and pecans, these come together in minutes!
Who doesn’t love a rice krispie treat? You know these will be a crowd-pleaser, and you can make them in minutes. I don’t know a person in the world that doesn’t crave a rice krispie treat here and there, and I love this dressed-up version. These White Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Rice Krispie Treats are a little fancier for serving at holidays – as fancy as a rice krispie treat can be, that is.
My cousin requires that my aunt make rice krispie treats every year for Christmas, and of all the people in my family, he is the most staunch about tradition. Everything has to stay the same year-to-year. We can’t even change the potatoes from white potatoes to red-skinned without him protesting. This was suggested a few Christmases ago, and the idea was promptly shut down.
I myself like to try new spins on things – like this Cheesy Green Bean Casserole Amandine instead of the classic green bean casserole recipe. Sometimes just a small makeover is enough to refresh an old recipe.
I’d love to run these White Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Rice Krispie Treats past him to see if they would be an acceptable replacement to traditional rice krispie treats, but I probably already know my answer. Even if he thinks they’re better, they’re not tradition! I hope your family is more adaptable!!! 🙂
I found the recipe in a Betters Homes & Gardens Christmas magazine and had to try it. White chocolate, cranberries, and pecans are one of my favorite holiday combinations, and I loved that those three ingredients added to a regular rice krispie treat gave for a really fresh, festive new treat.
I took these to my in-laws for Thanksgiving, and they were a hit. So easy to throw together, and they make a much bigger impression and impact than plain rice krispie treats!
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 5 c. mini marshmallows
- 5 c. Rice Krispies cereal
- 1½ c. white chocolate chips, divided
- 1 c. dried cranberries, divided
- 1 c. chopped pecans, divided
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add mini marshmallows, stirring until soft and melted.
- Stir in cereal, 1 c. white chocolate chips, ¾ c. dried cranberries, and ¾ c. chopped pecans.
- Press evenly into the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13-inch pan.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat the remaining white chocolate chips at 20-second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle over the bars. Sprinkle with remaining cranberries and pecans.
- Allow to set, and cut.