A super simple no bake peanut butter pie recipe, amped up with chocolate fudge and a TON of Reese’s cups. This Reese’s Cup No Bake Peanut Butter Pie maximizes on chocolate and peanut butter, and it’s ridiculously quick and easy to throw together!
We’ve been riding our bikes every day. I talked about this on Instagram, and I hate to be a Florida brat, but it’s been the most perfect weather lately. Although, I’ve heard from friends and coworkers that it was really nice up north last week too. How’s Mother Nature treating you in your neck of the woods?
Last week and this weekend were some of the nicest days I can remember here. The kind of days where you stop and think: okay, this is why I live here. Because it’s February, and I’m riding my bike, and it’s sunny, upper 70s, breezy, and just beautiful outside.
And when you think that life can’t possibly get any better, you come home from an exhilarating ride and remember that you have a Reese’s Cup No Bake Peanut Butter Pie in the fridge. There is no better way to cap off a day.
This recipe is based off this super popular No Bake Peanut Butter Pie recipe that came from my Gma, and that we’ve been making in my family for decades. We love that recipe, you guys love that recipe, and there’s so many ways it can be built upon.
Make no mistake, that No Bake Peanut Butter Pie is impeccable in its original form, and needs NO adapting. However, what’s fun about it is that it can be adapted.
That original recipe is 5 ingredients, and it can be prepped in 5 minutes. In a pinch, it’s my go-to dessert. Quick, easy, few ingredients. It’s a simple pie, but it’s creamy, rich, satisfying, and full of peanut butter flavor. Totally simple, pure, unadulterated peanut butter bliss.
But if you’re a person who likes mad, insane indulgence, and you know I do (see Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Torte), then this Reese’s Cup No Bake Peanut Butter Pie is the variation for you.
This Reese’s Cup No Bake Peanut Butter Pie recipe requires only a few extra ingredients than the original. Other than picking up a few bags of Reese’s cups, you just need chocolate fudge ice cream topping, and maybe a little chocolate syrup too. It never hurts, and you probably already have it in your fridge, so just slap it on there as a garnish.
First, I slathered a layer of chocolate fudge topping onto the bottom of the crust – a black-bottomed peanut butter pie, if you will. Then I covered the entire bottom of the pie with a layer of Reese’s cups. Not minis – the regular ones!
I made the peanut butter pie filling, as in the original recipe, and spread it on top of the Reese’s cups. Then I scattered it with chopped mini Reese’s cups, and drizzled it with chocolate sauce.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert, and one that maximizes your dose of chocolate and peanut butter, this is the recipe for you.
- 1 store-bought prepared graham cracker or Oreo cookie crust
- 1 c. chocolate fudge ice cream topping - not chocolate syrup, but fudge topping
- 12 snack-size Reese's cups (they're slightly smaller than full-size), unwrapped
- ¾ c. creamy peanut butter
- 4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 - 8 oz. container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 - 10 oz. bag Reese's minis, unwrapped, coarsely chopped
- chocolate syrup
- peanut butter buttercream, optional
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate fudge for 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- Spread it evenly into the bottom of the crust, careful not to lift up the crust crumbs as you spread.
- Arrange the snack-size Reese's cups over the chocolate fudge in the bottom of the crust.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and about half the whipped topping (eyeball it).
- Beat until smooth.
- Fold in the remaining whipped topping.
- Spread evenly over the Reese's cups in the pie crust.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with chopped Reese's minis, and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
- Cut and serve. Store in refrigerator.
If you're on a time crunch, you don't *have* to refrigerate before serving!
Look at this bite!!!
You may also like: