Creamy, rich, peanut butter pie with a crunchy Nutter Butter cookie crust! This Nutter Butter No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie recipe is fast, easy, and ready in minutes!
My Grandma’s No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie recipe is so popular on the blog. Understandably so. It comes together in about 10 minutes, and it’s ultra-creamy, rich, smooth, and peanut-buttery. Yet it still remains miraculously light and fluffy, kind of mousse-like. I like it with a shortbread crust because I find it to be more flavorful, but graham cracker is a classic option.
A few months ago I was making it for a family get-together, and I tweaked it to make this Reese’s Cup No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie recipe. That version is black-bottomed, featuring a layer of chocolate fudge on top of the crust, then a layer of full-size Reese’s cups (eep!), my Grandma’s traditional No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie filling, and then it’s topped with more Reese’s cups and a drizzle of chocolate sauce. It’s pretty insane.
That variation was such a hit that it got me brainstorming the ways that I could continue reinventing this classic pie. It’s such a simple recipe, but it’s a dessert that everyone loves, and it comes together in about 10 minutes. With this Nutter Butter No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie, I didn’t want to stray a lot from those basic components. I wanted it to be easy and simple, fast to make, and overwhelmingly delicious.
This Nutter Butter No-Bake Peanut Butter pie version delivers on all of that. It’s still extremely fast and simple… my cat could practically make this pie. Not to short-change her though – she’s one smart cookie (and just had her 18th birthday, btw!). This pie touts all the wonderfully awesome qualities of the classic peanut butter pie recipe, with lots of peanut butter goodness, and a rich creamy, filling.
What sets this Nutter Butter No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie apart is the crust. Obviously, crushed Nutter Butter cookies give added oomph to the peanut butter flavor in the pie. How do you make a peanut butter dessert better? Add more peanut butter. Mission accomplished. It means this pie is full of peanut butter from top to bottom. It only has two layers, a top and a bottom, but still. 🙂
What would be really fun is to go back to my Reese’s cup version and bump that up a notch further with this Nutter Butter crust. Maybe that should be the next peanut butter pie recipe on my list!
- 24 Nutter Butter cookies (slightly less than a 16 oz. package), crushed into fine crumbs
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ c. creamy peanut butter
- 4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 - 8 oz. container whipped topping, thawed
- peanut butter buttercream, optional garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, sugar, and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes, or until crust is set.
- Cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and about half the whipped topping (eyeball it).
- Beat until smooth.
- Fold in the remaining whipped topping.
- Spread evenly over the pie crust.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 1 hour.
- Cut and serve. Store in refrigerator.
You may also like these peanut butter desserts!