Apple and Tart Cherry Crisp
An apple crisp with tart cherries, covered in butter, brown sugar crumble!
Servings 8 -10 servings
- 3 large Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 McIntosh apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 c. dried tart cherries
- 3/4 c. + 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 3/4 c. + 1 tbsp. oat flour whole wheat flour, or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. apple cider or apple juice water is fine too in a pinch
- 6 tbsp. cold butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
In a large bowl, mix apples and cherries with 2 tbsp. brown sugar and 1 tbsp. flour.
Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish.
Pour apple cider over apple mixture.
Reusing the same large bowl, combine remaining brown sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon until well-combined.
Cut in cold butter with a knife until crumbly, and sprinkle evenly over apples.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown on the top.