Sweet vanilla-champagne crepes are filled with an easy white chocolate mousse and topped with a strawberries & champagne sauce made with fresh strawberries!
Okay you Valentine’s Day celebrators, you! Here we go! It’s time! I finally feel mentally prepared to talk about Valentine’s Day recipes. I’ve been making V-day themed stuff for weeks now, since roughly December 26th, but I just wasn’t ready to chat about them until at least February 1st. Now that I’m ready to delve in, I realize that I may have more recipes than days leading up to it. I guess I’ll try to cram?
- 1 - 16 oz. container fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- ½ c. champagne
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 1½ c. milk
- ¼ c. water
- ½ c. champagne
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- 6 tbsp. melted butter, slightly cooled
- ¼ c. sugar
- ⅔ c. white chocolate chips
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1½ c. whipped topping
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients and cook on medium-high heat, bringing to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and allow to cool until ready to serve it over the crepes.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, pour about ⅓ - ½ c. batter, covering the entire bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until the top looks mostly cooked too, even before flipping. Carefully (it will be thin and delicate) flip the crepe over, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Remove crepe from pan, and continue making crepes with remaining batter.
- In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, melt the chocolate chips until smooth. Cool to tepid.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add the cooled chocolate to the mixing bowl, and beat until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- To assemble crepes, spoon or pipe 3-4 tbsp. of white chocolate mousse across the diameter of each crepe, and roll them into 1-inch tubes. Serve 2-3 crepes per person with about ¼ c. sauce spooned over each serving.
The strawberry sauce also keeps for 3-4 days. All the components can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to assemble and serve!
Btw, happy Super Bowl! So far today I’ve watched the Kitten Bowl, Puppy Bowl, and I’m putting the finishing touches on this post as we watch the real deal. Since the Bills aren’t in it, go Seahawks!