This Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies recipe calls for mostly simple pantry ingredients, and produces a thick, soft, fudgy, and over-the-top chocolate cookie! These Triple Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are such an easy and fast way to get a mega chocolate fix!
To easily view all of the blog recipes, follow along on Pinterest!
It’s time for a cookie. I feel like this is the first place my mind goes lately when I have a craving for something sweet: I just want a cookie.
It’s also time for chocolate. It’s been a good minute since I’ve posted anything with chocolate. I’m really not even a big chocolate person, but I’ve reached that place where chocolate = comfort. Hence the 4 bags of Dove Dark Chocolate promises delivered via Shipt yesterday.
These Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are a bit inspired by what already existed in my pantry when quarantine started, as many upcoming recipes will be. Somehow I’d accumulated 8 or so boxes of chocolate instant pudding mix.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM PUDDING MIX COOKIES:
PUDDING COOKIES VARIATIONS:
BAKING AND PREPARATION TIPS FOR PUDDING MIX COOKIES:
My other tip for a thicker, fatter cookie is to use a cookie scoop. Not only will your dough balls be uniform, resulting in even baking, consistent cookie size, and very round cookies, but I find that it also stacks the dough a bit higher and taller, which makes for taller cookies overall.
A cookie scoop makes drop cookies an easier experience altogether — it’s one of my favorite kitchen tools.
HOW TO STORE CHOCOLATE CHIP PUDDING COOKIES:
In a tightly-sealed container in a cool dry, place. Alternatively, I like to use gallon-sized Ziploc bags. Less clean-up when the cookies are gone. They’ll stay fresh for about a week at room temperature. At 3-4 days, they get a bit crumbly, but they’re still delish.
They’ll freeze beautifully for a few months. Just wrap them really well. I’m partial to the combo of plastic wrap or Ziploc bag, plus a layer or two of foil. I like to pair storage methods for good measure.
Triple Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3.4 oz. box instant chocolate pudding mix just the dry mix
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups assorted chocolate chips + additional for pressing into cookies right out of the oven, if desired I used 2/3 cup semi-sweet, 2/3 cup milk chocolate, and 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, dry pudding mix, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to the mixing bowl, and beat until just combined. Do not overmix because it results in tough cookies! Beat until only just blended together. Dough will be very thick.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. If neither are on hand, lightly grease the cookie sheets.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about two inches apart. If you have a cookie scoop available, I love that it produces very uniform, consistent, round cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned, and the centers appear mostly set. Lightly tapping the center of a cookie, it should feel mostly set, and not gooey.
- Remove from heat, and cool for 2-3 minutes on baking sheets before removing to a wire rack. Cookies are very soft and fragile straight from the oven -- cool on cookie sheets before transferring.
- If desired, press a few additional chocolate chips into the tops of cookies while cooling on the cookie sheets. This is mainly for looks!
- Allow to cool and set completely on wire racks.
- Store in a tightly-sealed container in a cool, dry place for up to a week.
More chocolate desserts for your chocolate fix!