A super soft, chewy, and thick chocolate chip cookie cake, decorated festively for Easter! This Bird’s Nest Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake is incredibly simple, ultra-delicious, and a total crowd-pleaser!
Follow along on Pinterest to easily view all the blog recipes!
I can’t believe it, but it already feels like 2018 is getting away from me! Sure, it’s only mid-February, but also, it’s already mid-February! It happened so fast. In the food blogging world, I’m behind on posting recipes for St. Patrick’s Day at this point, and I should already be sharing recipes for Easter. People are so on the ball!!
At this rate, it’s only a few short months before I’ll be posting all things pumpkin!!! Crazy.
One thing I knew for sure that I wanted to do this year – a super cute Easter-themed dessert, inspired by these Bird’s Nest Cupcakes from a few years ago. Those cupcakes are such a classic, and so easy to decorate. People love how festive they are! I was equally determined to share a Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake recipe this calendar year too, so I’m bringing together both those ideas.
We’ve got an adorable and simple Easter dessert, this Bird’s Nest Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake. This recipe is a breeze to make. If you’re comfortable making chocolate chip cookies, this is even easier! The decorating is also extremely simple. Whatever your skill level in the kitchen, you can definitely make this Bird’s Nest Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake successfully. It will be such a hit with kids and adults alike on Easter Day.
I used the M&M’S Caramel candies right in the chocolate chip cookie batter for a boost of gooey caramel goodness in the cookie, and they also served as some of the ‘eggs’ on top of the coconut nests for decorating this cookie. The Starburst jelly beans also served as bright, beautiful, delicious ‘eggs’ on top.
You will love this perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake recipe. It’s far easier than making chocolate chip cookies by the traditional drop method, and it’s supremely soft, chewy, and THICK. It’s almost an inch thick, yet stays very, very soft! Not a hard, crunchy cookie. And it’s chock-full of chocolate chips and M&M’S® Caramel candies that stay melty and gooey.
I used homemade cream cheese frosting because it will always be my #1 frosting choice, but a simple vanilla buttercream is perfect too, or you could even grab a can or two of prepared frosting – that totally works as well!
But really, is there anything better than a giant chocolate chip cookie topped with frosting? This simple classic will always be a hit!
Also, these Amish Sugar Cookies are THE BEST sugar cookies of all time. Soft, puffy, melt-in-your-mouth delicious, and they’re unbelievably easy.
Bird's Nest Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large whole egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M'S® Caramel
For cream cheese frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 5-6 drops green food coloring
- 1/2 cup toasted shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup M&M'S® Caramel
- 1/4 cup STARBURST® Original Jellybeans
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract, beating until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl, and beat until combined.
- Fold in semi-sweet chocolate chips, mini chips, and M&M'S® Caramel.
- Spray an 8-inch springform pan with non-stick spray.
- Spread batter evenly into the bottom of the springform.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until the edges and top are golden, and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Once cool, run a knife around the edge to loosen the cookie. Release the springform pan, and transfer the cookie to a serving plate.
For cream cheese frosting:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and cream cheese til creamy.
- Add vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Add 4 cups powdered sugar, and beat until combined. Frosting should be thick and fluffy, but pipeable. Add additional powdered sugar, if needed, 1/4 cup at a time!
- Add green food coloring, and beat until blended.
- Fit a parchment or decorating bag with a #233 tip, or similar tip for creating a grass effect.
- Fill bag 2/3-full with frosting.
- Holding the bag 90 degrees straight up, squeeze frosting onto cookie, until about 1/2-inch thick, pull straight up and discontinue squeezing, creating a grass effect.
- Cover the entire surface of the cookie cake with frosting.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes, or until frosting is set.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut by the tablespoonful onto sections of the cookie cake, creating about 10 'nests.'
- Fill each nest with 3-4 'eggs' using the M&M'S® Caramel and STARBURST® Original Jellybeans!
- Cut and serve!