Crunchy, buttery, toasted pecan and brown sugar streusel atop a rich, creamy pumpkin cheesecake! This Streusel-Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake takes a regular pumpkin cheesecake, and gives it an awesome “wow” factor. This Streusel-Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake leaves a lasting impression, and is a dessert you will not soon forget!
I know that you’re thinking that this is just a regular pumpkin cheesecake with a streusel on top, and well…. it kind of is. This is just an extra layer and adornment to my fave traditional Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe. However, the impact of the streusel for this Streusel-Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake should not be minimized.
Have you tried pumpkin cheesecake yet?? And have you tried my pumpkin cheesecake recipe yet?? And have you ever topped a pumpkin cheesecake with like two cups of brown sugar, butter, and pecan streusel before?? The streusel is incredible – it’s crunchy, sweet, buttery, and full of brown sugar and toasted pecans! I guess I already said that in the sentence prior, but it bore repeating.
It’s like 5 minutes of extra work to make a Streusel-Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake vs. a regular pumpkin cheesecake, and you’ll never want another cheesecake without streusel on top again. It takes an already amazing cheesecake and gives it an extra dose of “wow” factor.
What makes it so special with pumpkin cheesecake is that the streusel plays right off the cinnamon and spices. It doesn’t even have cinnamon or spices in it, but most streusel-topped desserts are usually of the cinnamon variety, so this just fits right in. It also adds a little extra crunch and texture (along with the crust) to a dessert that is so heavy on creaminess and smoothness. It mixes things up.
On a better week, I could be better with words, but I hope you’ll trust me when I tell you that adding streusel is totally worthwhile, and this Streusel-Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake is seriously top notch. Seriously.
I’ve even got a lot of no-bake options: Double Layer No Bake Nutella Pumpkin Cheesecake, Double Layer No Bake Biscoff Pumpkin Cheesecake, and a plain ol’ Double Layer No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake. 😉 Those are all prepped in like 10 minutes!
Streusel-Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 11 oz. package pecan shortbread cookies crushed into fine crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely ground pecans
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 24 oz. (3 - 8 oz packages) cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, ground pecans, sugar, and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy.
- Add sugar, beating until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Add pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour cheesecake batter over crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes, and remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine all streusel ingredients, and sprinkle evenly onto cheesecake.
- Return to oven for another 20-25 minutes, or until streusel is golden, and cheesecake is only slightly jiggly in the center.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Run a knife along the edges, and release springform pan. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Cut and serve. Top with ice cream and caramel sauce!