Gingersnap Chocolate Ganache Truffles

These easy gingersnap chocolate ganache truffles are rich, decadent, and simple. With cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and gingersnap crumbs, chocolate ganache gets a fall spin!

pumpkin spice cinnamon chocolate ganache gingerbread truffles 8

So we’re in agreement it’s too early for eggnog, but is it too early for gingerbread-type stuff too? I’ve always associated gingerbread more with Christmas, but maybe that’s just me?? I’m throwing gingerbread-y things in the ring. Cool?

pumpkin spice cinnamon chocolate ganache gingerbread truffles 11

I personally really like ginger a ton, and it’s a wonderful spice, but I don’t rank it as high as others like cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice. Or cardamom… gah. I love that stuff. I dunno. That said, there’s a few specific ginger recipes that I go pretty bonkers for. First and foremost, my Gma’s Cracked Top Ginger Cookies. They’re the best. Although the pictures from that post? They’re NOT the best. Those call for a redo, and SOON.

pumpkin spice cinnamon chocolate ganache gingerbread truffles 10

I’ve likely told this story before but when my Grandpa was still with us, he used to eat a whole batch of those in about a day. Seriously… within a 24 hour window. They’re suuuuper chewy molasses cookies, pretty heavy on the ginger, and they’re just altogether amazing. Love. Btw, the sweet tooth thing going on in this family is totally genetic. My Grandma can eat a 9×13 pan of fudge by herself in about 48 hours! The sweet-tooth gene is definitely a thing.

If there’s a more ginger-focused person in the fam these days, that would have to go to my brother. If you’re reading this right now, Jeff, this one’s for you! :) He used to eat bags of gingersnaps in a sitting. These truffles will be your jam, bro!

pumpkin spice cinnamon chocolate ganache gingerbread truffles 16

Let’s say that these pumpkin spice gingersnap truffles are our transition recipe for moving into other seasonal faves. We’re not going to say goodbye to pumpkin altogether. Um, no. But we’ll start being more inclusive of other seasonal faves, I suppose!

These little no-bake truffles are quite fast to throw together, though they do require a little fridge time. They’re super easy though, and the ingredient list is blessedly short. We can always appreciate that. The chocolate ganache is smooth, creamy, and so rich. What is it about simply blending half-and-half into melted chocolate chips that suddenly results in the ultra fancy and dreamy ganache. But dreamy it is. So silky and creamy. The gingersnap crumbs mixed into the ganache, and warm and cozy fall spices turn these into a truly incredible fall treat!

pumpkin spice cinnamon chocolate ganache gingerbread truffles 17

Gingersnap Chocolate Ganache Truffles
Creamy and rich chocolate ganache is mixed with crushed gingersnap cookies, and rolled in gingersnap crumbs!
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: About 20 truffles.
  • 1½ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • ½ tsp. cinnamon
  • ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • ½ c. whipping cream or half & half
  • 1 c. finely chopped gingersnaps
  • ½ c. gingersnaps crumbs
  1. In a medium bowl, combine chocolate chips and spices.
  2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave whipping cream until it boils. About 1 minute.
  3. Pour over the chocolate chips and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth.
  4. Stir in the 1 c. chopped gingersnaps.
  5. Refrigerate for about 1-1.5 hours, or until firm, but soft enough to form into balls.
  6. Scoop truffle mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls and shape into balls.
  7. Roll in gingersnap crumbs.
  8. Store in refrigerator. Enjoy!

pumpkin spice cinnamon chocolate ganache gingerbread truffles 13

pumpkin spice cinnamon chocolate ganache gingerbread truffles pin

I associate gingerbread with Christmas, too, but that’s ok because I’m ready for those recipes! :) I love lots of ginger as well, so the more the better. These truffles look so mouthwatering, Sarah! I’ve made chocolate truffles before, but never with gingersnaps, so I’m loving your creativity. I think I could eat a whole batch of these in one sitting! And I love no-bake goodies, too! Pinned!

They are soooo good! Better than I even thought they’d be! Now I want to try all different flavors of chips and all kinds of cookies, ya know? Haha! The life of a food blogger, right? I know you get it!! :) Thanks, Gayle!

Those look delightful! So chocolate-y, but with spices! I love that they’d be good for a fall treat, or for Christmas, kind of both seasons with those flavours! And those pictures are awesome Sarah! I kept staring at them! :)

Thanks, Stacey! I feel like my photos are so erratic because even from week to week, they get a little better (um, I think), yet I post all out of order! I feel so encouraged to hear that they pics are pretty decent though! Thank you! These truffles are SOOOOOOO good. Better than I even predicted. I tried them with white chocolate too but they were a bust (texture issues), so you’ll be glad for that! Haha! :)

Lol! I know what you mean… I’m so ready for all the eggnog stuff and I don’t think it’s too soon, but I’m afraid other people will think it’s early. I am always getting ahead of myself with holiday things! I think I’m going to go for it. :) Thanks for your kind comment, Carmen!

Hi Amanda! Yes, they are melt-in-your-mouth, for sure! They’re so rich, creamy, and full of spicy goodness! Thanks for the pin, and for your kind comment! :)

The thought of your little grandma eating a whole pan of fudge brings a smile to my face… I think ginger is one of those flavors that was really big in our grandparents’ generation, because mine loved gingersnaps and gingerbread. Your ginger chocolate truffles are so gorgeous and I love how you manage to have a golden glow to the majority of your photographs. Really suits your personality!

Haha! Thanks, Heather! That’s so sweet of you to say!! I do love gold, after all! :) She truly does finish a whole pan.. no exaggeration. Lol. She eats SO MANY SWEETS. But I plan to only practice ‘balance’ until I’m 60 or so than I’m eating whatever the heck I want too! I do wonder if you’re right about the ginger thing – I really like it a lot, but don’t loooove it. But maybe it was generational! Thanks for your kind comment!

Hi Amanda! I’m such a HUGE FAN of your blog, I can’t tell you how exciting it is that you have stopped by here!! Your Neapolitan Cake is incredible… all your cakes are unreal actually! They’re stunning. Thanks so much for your kind comment and for popping over here! :)

Lol! I know, me too! I associate gingerbread with Christmas too, but I just thought: why not? I’m always getting ahead of myself anyway! Thanks so much for stopping over here, Jocelyn!! You’re so sweet! Your blog is one of my very favorites! :)

I could eat gingerbread any time of the year! These little balls are the perfect bite sized sweet. That will have to change! Thanks for lining to the In and Out of the Kitchen party.

Thanks so much, Cynthia! I agree – I am on board with gingerbread anytime, even though I typically associate it with Christmas. I’m throwing that out the window though! Thank you for the party! :)

Lol! I know what you mean. All sweets are basically dangerous in front of me, but there’s definitely a temptation about these truffles! They were delicious! :)

5. Andrea says

These look delicious and I am going to try them with homemade chai masala. How many truffles do you think one gets with this recipe?

I got about 20 truffles with this recipe, and they were right around 1-inch! I hope you like them, Andrea! Let me know how they turn out with the chai masala – that sounds amazing! :)