Layers of turtle ice cream, chocolate fudge sauce, caramel sauce, and pecans, in a chocolate cookie crust. This mile-high Turtle Ice Cream Pie is no-bake and super simple to throw together!
There is something about summer that triggers a consistent ice cream craving for me. This time of year, I turn to ice cream for most of my sugar fixes. From May-August, it’s a top choice for dessert.
I know that kids are back to school, and everyone is thinking about fall, but I assure you, it is still summer here. It will still be “summer” here through October. More often than not, even Halloween is a scorcher kind of day. A person is in the mood for ice cream practically year-round in Florida.
While I’m super excited to start creating all things pumpkin for fall, I’m giving summery desserts one last hurrah with this Turtle Ice Cream Pie.
This pie only has a handful of ingredients, and I grabbed everything I needed at Winn Dixie, including a container of Mayfield ice cream in the flavor Turtle Tracks.
This simple Turtle Ice Cream Pie starts with a layer of chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, and pecans, in the bottom of a store-bought chocolate cookie crust. Next up is a layer of Mayfield’s Turtle Tracks ice cream – vanilla ice cream with swirls of caramel, and chocolate-covered pecans. It is so sweet, cool, and creamy!
Keep on layering all those perfect ingredients, and throw it in the freezer. You’ll end up with this unbelievably easy and decadent ice cream pie. It’s dripping with chocolate and caramel, layer after layer, and is full of crunchy pecans.
Such high reward for such little work.
- 1 - 1.5 qt. container Mayfield Turtle Tracks ice cream
- 1 prepared chocolate cookie pie crust
- 1 - 12 oz. jar chocolate fudge ice cream sauce, divided
- 1 - 12 oz. jar caramel ice cream sauce, divided
- 1 c. chopped pecans, divided
- whipped topping
- Remove ice cream from freezer, and thaw for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the fudge sauce in the microwave for 30 seconds (makes it easier to drizzle/spread).
- Carefully spread about ¼ c. chocolate fudge sauce onto the bottom of the chocolate cookie crust.
- Drizzle with about ¼ c. caramel sauce.
- Sprinkle with ⅓ c. chopped pecans.
- Spoon a heaping 1 c. ice cream into the crust, and carefully spread it to the edges.
- Top the ice cream with an additional ¼ c. chocolate sauce, ¼ c. caramel sauce, and ⅓ c. chopped pecans.
- Top with another heaping 1 c. ice cream, and spread it to the edges. If you have space in the crust, add an additional scoop or two into the center of the pie to keep it nice and high in the middle.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours, or until ice cream is firm.
- Before serving, top with a drizzle of chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, remaining pecans, and whipped topping.
- Cut and serve immediately.