This No Bake Coconut Lemon Cream Pie preps in 20 minutes, doesn’t require an oven, and takes minimal effort. Standing tall and high with a fluffy, mousse-y, creamy lemon and coconut filling, this No Bake Coconut Lemon Cream Pie is a new, simple, go-to dessert for summer!
To easily view all of the blog recipes, follow along on Pinterest!
I’m doing a flurry of no bake pies this week, I’ve decided. It seems like a good time to provide simple, no fuss, oven-free, light, refreshing dessert recipes, and what meets those criteria better than no bake pies?
Quick & easy pie recipes are a summer staple. Fourth of July celebrations will look quite a bit different this year, but dessert doesn’t need to. We are likely staying safe at home, just us, but you better believe there will be pie.
Also, as you can see, it’s very substantial! The crust is packed to the brim. Mile-high pies are always where it’s at for me. The taller, the better.
Chock-full of lemon and coconut — a base of lemon pudding, amplified with the addition of fresh lemon zest. Between those two ingredients, the lemon flavor is robust and authentic. Coconut extract and a HEAP of shredded coconut, both in the pie and on the pie, carry the coconutty side of the equation.
- Rather than purchase a store-bought, prepared crust, use a homemade crust — whether you have a favorite pastry crust recipe, or whether you make a shortbread cookie crust from scratch. Easy enough: Combine 2 cups shortbread cookie crumbs with 1/3 cup shredded coconut, 2 tbsp. granulated sugar, and 4-5 tbsp. melted butter, stirring until crumbly. Press into a small pie plate, and voila.
- Swap the Cool Whip or prepared whipped topping with fresh, homemade whipped cream. For each 8 oz. whipped topping in a recipe, use 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream with 1 tbsp. powdered sugar. In a mixing bowl fitted with a whisk attachment, beat cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. It takes only takes 2-3 minutes. It is a huge upgrade from store-bought whipped topping! HUGE. Worth it every time.
- The bones of this recipe are versatile. You could use any flavor of pudding, a variety of extracts, add 1/4 cup of your favorite booze, throw in 1 cup mix-ins like nuts, mini chocolate chips, or berries, and create endless combinations.
I have a bunch of easy no bake pies and cheesecakes at this point, so here’s some other ideas:
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie recipe
- No Bake Coconut Cream Pie
- No Bake Pecan Cream Pie
- No Bake Banana Split Pie
- No Bake Biscoff Cheesecake
- No Bake Nutella Cheesecake
No Bake Coconut Lemon Cream Pie
This No Bake Coconut Lemon Cream Pie preps in 20 minutes, doesn't require an oven, and takes minimal effort. Standing tall and high with a fluffy, mousse-y, creamy lemon and coconut filling, this No Bake Coconut Lemon Cream Pie is a new, simple, go-to dessert for summer!
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 tsp. coconut extract
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon zest optional
- 2 3.4 oz. boxes instant lemon pudding mix must be instant
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 - 3 drops yellow food coloring optional
- 8 oz. container Cool Whip or whipped topping thawed
- 6 oz. prepared shortbread or graham cracker crust
- 1 cup toasted coconut optional garnish
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon zest optional garnish
In a large bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, milk, coconut extract, lemon zest, pudding mix, and coconut.
If desired, stir in food coloring.
Gently fold in whipped topping. Do not overmix or whipped topping will deflate.
Spread into prepared pie crust. The pie crust will be VERY full, but it will all fit if you just keep building it up in the center. Careful not to let the filling seep over the edges of the crust. 🙂
Refrigerate til set, at least 4 hours.
Garnish with toasted coconut and lemon zest. Cut and serve.
Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.