Pistachio Pie recipe
This quick & easy No Bake Pistachio Pie preps in under 20 minutes, avoiding hot days in the kitchen, and is made with basic ingredients that you probably have on hand! This Pistachio Cream Pie is perfect for summer because it's so light, fluffy, creamy, and refreshing. Potent with distinct pistachio flavor too!
- 1 9 oz. prepared shortbread or graham cracker crust larger 9 oz. crust is ideal, but smaller 6 oz. will also work -- pie will be VERY tall and piled high.
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 3.4 oz. boxes instant pistachio pudding mix just the mix, and MUST be instant
- 8 oz. container Cool Whip or whipped topping thawed
- additional Cool Whip or whipped topping optional garnish
- maraschino cherries blotted dry, optional garnish
In a large bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, milk, almond extract, vanilla extract, and dry pudding mix.
Fold in whipped topping.
Spread into pie crust. If using a 6 oz. crust, it will be VERY full, but it will all fit if you just keep building it up in the center, careful not to let the filling seep over the edges of the crust. It will fit easily in a 9 oz. crust, though the larger crusts are sometimes harder to find at grocery stores.
Refrigerate til set, about 4 hours.
If desired, garnish with additional whipped topping and maraschino cherries. I used a star piping tip to dot small mounds of whipped topping around the edge. Top each mound with a cherry.
Store in refrigerator, loosely covered, for up to a week.
Pie can be frozen for up to 3 months. Freeze it without whipped topping and maraschino cherry garnishes. Refrigerate til firm first, then gently cover with a lid. Freeze til firm, then wrap entire pie with 1-2 layers of foil.
To serve, thaw in refrigerator for about 24 hours. Add whipped topping and maraschino cherry garnishes before serving.
Other simple no-bake pies you can prep in minutes, and that allow you to avoid spending much time in the kitchen!!
- Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie
- No Bake Pecan Cream Pie
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie recipe (see also Reese’s Cup, Nutter Butter, Banana, Brownie Bottom, and Pretzel Crust versions of peanut butter pie!)
- Quadruple Layer Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Nutella Cheesecake
- Cookie Butter Cheesecake
- Double Layer No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake