White Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Bars

white chocolate peanut butter truffle bars pin

white chocolate peanut butter truffle bars 13

I heart peanut butter. A lot. That’s no secret around these parts. I’ve talked before about how I eat peanut butter every single day, sometimes several times a day. I know I’m not alone. Lots of you are PB lovers too. That’s part of why we’re friends! :)

It seems like most people go pretty bonkers for the classic chocolate + peanut butter combo, and I share that sentiment. When I started dating my high school sweetheart, we bonded over a love for Reese’s peanut butter cups. Seriously. It was a match made in heaven, together forever. I mean between me and the Reese’s. High school sweetie and I are kaput, but that’s a whole other story. Ancient history!

white chocolate peanut butter truffle bars 4

As much as I love a traditional Reese’s with milk chocolate, my heart truly belongs to white chocolate Reese’s cups. Yet, this is the only time of year I see them! Maybe they are a seasonal item and here for Halloween. I sure wish they were available year-round.

white chocolate peanut butter truffle bars 10

No matter. Now we can make them ourselves!! Well, these aren’t exactly replicas. Because ours are going to be in bar form. Life = simplified. I have neither the time nor patience (nor talent) to roll up little balls and dunk them prettily in chocolate! I wish I had those skills, but it just never works out in my favor. You know how it goes, you drop one in the chocolate bath and you’re fishing it out, but it’s getting all mushy and deformed. Not so pretty anymore.

But in bar form? Color me happy. It’s worlds easier to make them this way, right? Plus, the layers and stripey look are just kind of fun, don’t you agree? Nod your head.  Great, we are on the same page!

white chocolate peanut butter truffle bars 6

One of the best things about these, besides their incredible and heavenly taste, is that they’re so easy. I’m sure you predicted I would say that!! But it’s true. Also, they only require a handful of ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand. Please tell me you have PB on hand? I go into shock every time I’m at my best friend’s house and see that she doesn’t have any.  How are we even friends? Let alone BEST friends? Mystifying.

Meet YOUR new best friend: creamy and smooth white chocolate layers sandwiching a peanut butter truffle center!

White Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Bars
Creamy and silky layers of white chocolate with peanut butter truffle in between!
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 24 bars
  • 2 - 12 oz. bags white chocolate chips
  • 4 tbsp. shortening
  • 1½ c. creamy peanut butter
  • 3 tbsp. butter, softened
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2.5-3 c. powdered sugar
  • 1 c. mini Reese's pieces
  1. In a large saucepan on low-medium heat, melt the white chocolate and shortening.
  2. Whisk vigorously until very smooth.
  3. In a greased 9x13 pan, spread slightly more than half the white chocolate evenly into the bottom. It needs a sturdy base. Allow to set.
  4. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar until well-combined. Add enough powdered sugar that it's very thick and not-greasy, but not so that it's crumbly. It needs to adhere to the chocolate!
  5. Using your hands, press the peanut butter mixture over the white chocolate in an even layer.
  6. Spread remaining white chocolate on top of peanut butter layer.
  7. Sprinkle mini Reese's pieces evenly over white chocolate, and press them lightly into the chocolate. The little devils want to pop off, so press them in a bit.
  8. Allow to set.
  9. Store in the refrigerator. Cut into bars. Enjoy!

white chocolate peanut butter truffle bars 15

Not really a fall recipe, but don’t the Reese’s pieces make them look Halloween-ish?

I totally eat peanut butter just about every day, too! It’s so addicting and delicious. I always forget about the white chocolate reese’s and haven’t seen them this year! These truffle bars sound so delicious, Sarah! I love the truffle layer between the white chocolate. Such a decadent treat. And gorgeous pictures, too! Pinned!

I swear, it’s the best food on earth! I could live on it and nothing else! Although I’d be sad about sugar and stuff. But still. I’m all about white chocolate and PB. I like milk chocolate too, but I like white chocolate w/ PB way better! Love your caramel apple cake bars!

Hi Manali! How funny, I was just getting ready to leave you a comment on your Halloween donut macarons. They are SO CUTE. Seriously crushing on them. You decorated them perfectly! I’ve never made macarons and I’m afraid to! Haha! Peanut butter for life!!! Have a great day! :)

I’ll admit that I’ve been having that problem! A whole platter of them in my house and I keep taking little nibbles here and there! Can’t stop myself! Haha! Thanks, Catalina! :)

Can’t say I’m with you on the white chocolate, I kind of hate it unless it’s in a cookie with other kinds of chocolate. Then I can deal with it. It’s masked by the good stuff. But I love the reese’s pieces and the peanut butter truffle layer! I’ll have to try it with some good chocolate! :) These are definitely pretty bars though, I agree, the stripes look cool!

Lol!! You and my S.O… he doesn’t like white chocolate either. He thinks it has no flavor and tastes like straight-up sugar! I loooove it! Haha. That’s too funny. Aren’t the stripes pretty? Thanks, Stacey! Have a good one! :)

Oh god these truffle bars look delicious. I definitely would recreate the recipe – but I have a feeling they would get devoured too quickly… I have no self control when it comes to white chocolate or peanut butter so the combination is VERY dangerous.

I love you!!! Seriously, I love peanut butter and I literally always crave white chocolate, never thought of this combi though. First thing tomorrow is going to the Jewel Osco, buy the ingredients and trying out your recipe!

YAY! Let me know how you do! You have to really like sugar to like this because it’s darn sweet. I loooove white chocolate and PB together! Thanks for your kind comment! :)

I absolutely love white chocolate reese cups, but they really are hard to find around here… I think you’ve stumbled across the perfect solution to our problem, but I’m going to have to make a much smaller batch or learn some self control:) I will definitely be making these! Your pictures for this post are just stunning! You were able to capture the light beautifully and convey the details of these bars perfectly. Have a great weekend, Sarah!

Hi Heather! Thanks so much! You are so sweet! I’m learning a new camera (and photography in general, for that matter!), so I’m still figuring out how things will turn out once they’re off the camera. That’s so encouraging to hear! Thank you!! :) I kinda wish I’d made half a pan because I can’t stop eating these and they are not exactly health food. Haha! Loved your post today about your Grandpa! It totally resonated with me – it was great. Have a great weekend! Happy Halloween!

These look incredible! Reese’s Pieces are my absolute favorite. I have already pinned this recipe! Visiting from Katherine’s Corner Favorite Things Blog Hop!

Lol! I know, me too! I’m a PB addict! No self-control with that stuff! Or with this dessert actually. Thanks so much for popping over here! Hope you have a fun Halloween, Julie! :)

Holy yum! I used to eat all of the chocolate off the reese’s cups and then toss the PB, but I actually like the white chocolate better and I waste less. My husband would probably pretend not to know me if he ever saw me throw out a reese’s cup of any kind.

What! That’s hysterical! I can’t imagine throwing out the PB part – haha! Yes, the white chocolate IS better. I’m starting a movement about it! :) Thanks, Rachel!

Hi Golden Girl 😀

The bars look so good and delicious and i want to make them for our annual before-Christmas gathering with our neighbours – looking forward to make them and to serve and surely to taste them.

Rikke from Denmark

Hi Rikke! Thanks so much for stopping by! I’m so glad you like the truffle bars. I hope you try them, and let me know what you think! Your annual Christmas party with neighbors sounds so fun! :)

Oh my gosh!! These look absolutely incredible! I am a huge reese’s white chocolate fan too. I am going to be trying these for the holidays. Pinning (100 times if i could!)

wow, those look incredible! i love the topping! thanks for linking up to the Create LInk Inspire party. You are being featured today on Nap-Time Creations in some great fall food!! Check it out! Emily

Yum! that looks amazing!
    Never tried peanut butter with white chocolate, sounds like a must have combo.
    Spotted you at Fabulous Friday party/

I adore Reese’s Peanut Butter cups but haven’t yet tried a white one, maybe I should because these bars looks amazing! This has been featured as one of my favourites over at Sweet and Savoury Sunday. Stop by, grab a button and link up again with us this week. Have a great day!

Thanks so much, Jocelyn! Me too… I could eat PB all day, every day! PB is one of the loves of my life, for sure! Haha. :) Thank you so much for stopping over here. I get so excited to see comments from you since I’m such a big fan of your blog!! Happy Sunday!

Hi Corinne! I’m honestly not sure because I’ve not tried that substitution before in this context. Traditionally, shortening helps chocolate to melt very smoothly. I don’t know if butter would work? It’s a little more temperamental and could burn in the chocolate or change its texture. Shortening really smooths it. Maybe try Googling it before you give it a go! Sorry I can’t be more definitive! Good luck!

13. Nancy says

So I’m almost 7 months pregnant – and just heard that my glucose test came back fine (low in fact!) soooo I can conclude from this that eating these bars would be good for my health, and likely the baby’s too. Excellent. And now, for a spoonful of PB.

LOL! Yes, if you’re looking for a sugar rush, *these* will take care of that for you! They are definitely made for a serious sweet tooth. And a peanut butter fiend! Sounds like they are perfect for you! Congratulations and best wishes to you and the new addition to your family! :)

Oh great! So glad you liked them, and that they turned out well for you! I love white chocolate with peanut butter, and these were very simple. I’ll definitely check out your post! Thanks, Laura!

14. Ashley says

Hi, I am new to your site and I like the layout, nice. I love peanut butter, white chocolate, and Reese’s pieces, so I pinned this recipe! :)

1. […] saturated by the nutty stuff, but eating it 3x a day from a spoon isn’t enough. Nope, gotta cram it in in every way possible! So while I’m not suggesting that I rooted for Ohio State to win the game (Sorry! It goes […]

2. […] duo. A favorite combo of mine, to be sure. Of course, you could combine a great many things with peanut butter and I’d be pleased as punch. Better still than the traditional PB and milk chocolate pairing […]