Only a handful of ingredients to tender, juicy, and unbelievably flavorful Slow-Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken! This Slow-Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken is succulent, sweet, and tangy!
To easily view all the blog recipes, follow along on Pinterest!
Check out this collection of some of the best crock-pot chicken recipes!
My brother texted last night to tell me that he and my SIL were making my 5-Cheese Lasagna recipe. I was reminded that I prepared a whole bunch of savory recipes for January, and I haven’t shared ANY yet.
I’ve been super lazy for the early part of this month. Blogging through the holidays is intense and unbelievably hectic. The holidays are hectic anyway, but blogging for the masses makes it that much crazier! It’s indescribably fun too, but I was pretty burned out after Christmas, so I’ve been really taking a breather in the early part of this month.
I can’t say enough about being a slow-cooker person. Simple meals are so critical to all of our busy lives, and I do pack lunch and snacks for the week, but I like to have HOT meals. I can make big slow-cooker recipes, pack them for lunches, and reheat on the go. I usually do all this on Sundays, so that I have my shit together for the whole week.
I’ve never been much of a salad/sandwich person, and never will be. Make-ahead, slow-cooker food is where it’s at.
One of my top choices – this slow-cooker salsa chicken. Embarrassingly easy, and extremely versatile! We use it in fajitas, quesadillas, and on nachos, stuff like that.
But this Slow-Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken is my absolute favorite slow-cooker chicken recipe. I’ve been making this regularly for longer than I can possibly tell you.
You already have what you need in the pantry. This Slow-Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken recipe has a short ingredient list, and they are all basic.
I have one extra step that I like to do with this chicken. I remove some of the liquid when it’s finished cooking – the sauce is thinner from cooking, and I add a little extra honey-mustard sauce toward the end so it’s thicker and more flavorful. Just whisk it in right before you eat. No big effort.
I’ve yet to meet a person that doesn’t like honey-mustard sauce with their chicken anyway, and this recipe couldn’t be easier. Of course, since it’s slow-cooked, the chicken is ridiculously tender and succulent. Your just a few ingredients away from enjoying it all week long!
Aside from this Slow-Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken, I also suggest this Slow-Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken (my fave!), Slow-Cooker Chicken Paprikash (it’s soooo popular on the blog), and Slow-Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken.
For desserts in the slow-cooker, check out these Crock-Pot Cinnamon Apples, and a Fireball version. Omg, those are like apple pie filling without the crust – we put them on everything! Oats, yogurt… endless possibilities.
Slow-Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken
- 1 1/2 c. honey divided
- 3/4 c. yellow mustard divided
- 3/4 c. dijon mustard divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pour 1 c. honey, 1/2 c. yellow mustard, and 1/2 c. dijon mustard into the slow cooker, and whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken, and stir with a spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally, or until the chicken is tender, and falls apart.
- Remove about half the liquid in the slow cooker (eyeball it!), and discard.
- Add the remaining 1/2 c. honey, 1/4 c. yellow mustard, and 1/4 c. dijon mustard, and stir with a spoon.
- Turn the slow cooker to warm, and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Shred the chicken with a fork, and stir with the sauce.
- Turn off the slow cooker.
- Serve immediately.