Soft & buttery, vanilla & almond-infused thumbprint cookies rolled in slivered almonds, filled with raspberry preserves, and drizzled with melted white chocolate! These White Chocolate Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies are irresistible!
One of my most favorite trios: white chocolate, raspberry, and almond. These three are a dream team! I first fell in love with this remarkable trifecta when I discovered the recipe for these Raspberry White Chocolate Almond Bars. I’ve made those for YEARS now, and I always get asked for the recipe. Those bars are one of my go-tos for parties and get-togethers.
These White Chocolate Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies are inspired by those bars! I crammed all that stuff into these thumbprints. You guys always seem to like thumbprint cookies, so I aim to deliver.
I love a thumbprint cookie because you can cram a lot of flavors into them. That’s part of the beauty of thumbprints. The cookie is one component, then what you roll them in, then the filling, then however you garnish – whether it’s a sprinkling and/or drizzling of something on top. There’s a lot of directions to go.
These cookies are soft, but sturdy enough to hold a lot of raspberry jam in the center! They’re buttery and chewy, and nicely loaded up with vanilla and almond extracts. Rolled in minced almonds, and topped with a drizzle of white chocolate!
Many thumbprint cookie recipes, especially these White Chocolate Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies, remind of a bakery sugar cookie – dense, but still soft and chewy. With a lot more going on than just a simple sugar cookie though.
Bonus: they’re super pretty! Look how pretty they are. These are very fitting for Mother’s Day brunch, or at a bridal shower, or anywhere at all really. They’re guaranteed to disappear fast.
Since thumbprints are quite popular around here, check out these Chocolate Hazelnut Thumbprints with Kahlua Ganache, Snickerdoodle Thumbprints with Cookie Butter Buttercream, Coconut Macadamia Key Lime Thumbprints, Peanut Butter & Jelly Thumbprints, Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Thumbprints, or Dark Chocolate Peppermint Patty Thumbprints.
White Chocolate Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies
- 2/3 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips melted
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg yolks, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Beat in flour and salt until just combined.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Roll each ball in chopped almonds to thoroughly coat.
- Arrange balls two inches apart on parchment paper or silicone mat-lined baking sheets.
- Press an indentation in the center of each dough ball using your thumb or the end of a wooden spoon.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies appear set and edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat the jam for 30 seconds, or until thin and liquidy.
- Spoon about a teaspoonful of jam into the center of each thumbprint.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over thumbprints.
- Allow to set. Store in airtight containers.
Or if you’re looking for other raspberry & chocolate desserts, look no further than these Raspberry Chocolate Chip Bars, Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Truffles, Raspberry Brownie Torte, or Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake Cake!