A pecan cheesecake, over a pecan-shortbread crust, with a quick pecan pie sauce on top! This Pecan Pie Cheesecake recipe does not scrimp on pecan pie goodness! It’s no slouch as far as creamy, rich cheesecakes go either! You’ll love this Pecan Pie Cheesecake recipe for getting the most out of autumn.
DO I EVER HAVE A CHEESECAKE FOR YOU!!! Yes, shouting necessary! It’s too exciting not to be obnoxious with all capital letters. Need the capitals.
This Pecan Pie Cheesecake recipe is two of the BEST kinds of desserts, mashed into one. Are you a cheesecake fan? I got you. LOVE pecan pie? You’re good too. The best elements of both those desserts.
In fact, I think I’m going to make this Pecan Pie Cheesecake for Thanksgiving. I usually make one of my pumpkin cheesecake recipes – either this Double Layer No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake, or this Traditional Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake (or both), but I think that this Pecan Pie Cheesecake recipe is going to be a hit with my family, and I want to do something a little different this year.
We’ll still make pumpkin stuff, of course, can’t leave out a pumpkin dessert, but this Pecan Pie Cheesecake is going to make an appearance too.
It’s actually been a minute since I’ve gotten up a cheesecake recipe, but I have a few good ones teed up to share, and then I just came home from an epic grocery trip where I picked up a dozen packages of cream cheese for a few more coming up. It might not even be enough.
We’re going to have a cheesecake bonanza around here soon. I hope you’re ready.
On a side note, I really don’t care for grocery shopping. Has anyone ever tried one of those delivery services? I procrastinated going to the grocery store, and by the time I went, I needed so much stuff that I was at Publix for over an hour, and then I had to stop at Sam’s Club and Target too, and it was almost the entirety of my evening… not including unloading the car, unpacking the groceries, and putting them away.
All in all, like 4 hours disappeared. Am I just inefficient? Running a dessert blog doesn’t ease things! I feel like I’m always at the store for something I forgot, or I’m always reorganizing my pantry to figure out how to cram more cans of pumpkin in there.
Okay, so I’ve only said it about 4,000 times, but I LOVE my basic cheesecake recipe, and I’m not changing it up anytime soon. I’ve tried other versions, and I go back to mine again and again.
I’ve used it for a million other cheesecakes, and it’s perfect. Creamy, rich, smooth, and silky. And EASY. That’s important. I’ve adapted my cheesecake base for this Caramel Apple Crisp Cheesecake, White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust, Mocha Cheesecake, Maple Nut Cheesecake with Walnut Crust, Honey Pecan Cheesecake with Pecan Shortbread Crust, and about a dozen others, but those are the autumn-ish ones.
For this Pecan Pie Cheesecake recipe, I made my fave cheesecake batter, but with brown sugar since that enhanced this pecan pie theme! 😉 I added pecans to the batter, and baked it over a pecan-shortbread crust. Then I made a quick pecan pie sauce, it only took about 10-15 minutes, and draped the whole cheesecake in it. The sauce doesn’t set quite like pecan pie filling, but it’s nice and thick so it stays put on the cheesecake.
This dessert is soooo good, and if you love cheesecake and pecan pie, you’ve got to try this recipe!
Pecan Pie Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups pecan shortbread cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely ground pecans
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 4 (8 oz.) packages reduced-fat cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup chopped pecans
For pecan pie sauce:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, ground pecans, sugar, and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy and smooth.
- Add sugars and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, and scraping the sides of the bowl in-between.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour over prepared crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60-70 minutes, or until the edges are golden, and the center is slightly jiggly, but nearly set.
- Remove from heat, and cool completely.
- Run a knife around the sides of the springform pan, and release the cheesecake. Transfer to a serving platter.
For pecan pie sauce:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add heavy cream.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, or until it's nearly tepid. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Spoon over cheesecake, and refrigerate to set before serving, about 30 minutes is ideal.
- Cut and serve. Store in refrigerator.
I’m nuts for pecan desserts, especially pies. If you’re a pecan pie fan, check out these pecan pie recipes: Dark Chocolate Molasses Pecan Pie, Orange Coconut Pecan Pie, Chocolate Espresso Pecan Pie, or Brown Butter Bourbon Pecan Pie. 🙂 They’re ALL wonderful, and are lovely twists on the classic.