No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie Recipe

pb pie 7 pb pie 3

My beloved Grandma has been making this pie for as long as I can remember. It’s a very old recipe, and it’s very simple. But it’s lasted the test of time for a reason! It’s sooooooooooooo delicious. I can’t add enough “Os” to possibly convey how amazingly good it is. I know that I’m always saying that “such-and-such type of dessert is a top favorite,” as I did with brown butter, lemon cookies, red velvet, butterscotch, and s’mores. Oh I haven’t professed my love for s’mores yet? Don’t worry, it’ll happen. Welllll, I’m about to do it again. With peanut butter. This time though, I really, really mean it. Peanut butter truly IS my greatest food obsession. It is my absolute favorite food on the entire planet and if forced to pick one thing to eat for the rest of my life, it would be peanut butter. Hands down. Easy decision. You can imagine why I love this pie so much.

pb 4 pb pie 8

It’s suuuper peanut butter-y. The peanut butter flavor is really intense, and the filling is oh-so rich and creamy. I could sit around eating the pie filling straight out of the bowl with a spoon all. day. long. I love to use crushed up shortbread cookies for a crust because they’re so much tastier and more flavorful than graham cracker crumbs. I don’t know… graham cracker crusts have their time and place, but a shortbread crust makes this very simple pie feel a little fancier and more elegant. And they just plain taste better. End of story. If you want to get truly decadent, drizzle some chocolate sauce or chopped up Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups on top for a garnish. Or both. Yes, definitely both! And if you want to get truly, insanely, preposterously decadent, then 1.5x the filling and make it a deep dish pie. Um. Yeah. To die for. Any way you slice it, it’s sure to impress. Peanut butter lovers unite.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

pb pie 10 pb pie 13

Peanut Butter Pie:

Crust**:

1 – 11oz. package prepared shortbread cookies, crushed*

1 tbsp. sugar

3 tbsp. butter, melted

To prepare the crust, in a medium bowl, mix together crushed shortbread cookies and sugar. Slowly drizzle melted butter over crushed cookies and mix altogether until well-combined. Press evenly into a very lightly greased 9-inch pie pan.

*To quickly crush up cookies in the least messy way possible, I toss them all in a gallon-sized plastic baggie, zip it shut removing as much air as possible, and use a rolling pin to roll over it until cookies are adequately crumbled.

**You can use a prepared shortbread crust or graham cracker crust for the quickest and easiest option!

Pie filling:

4 oz. cream cheese, softened

3/4 c. creamy peanut butter

1 c. powdered sugar

1 – 8 oz. container Cool Whip or frozen whipped topping, thawed

In a large mixing bowl, combine all and beat until smooth. Spread evenly into pie crust. Store in refrigerator.

Enjoy!!

pb pie 5 pb pie 2

Comments

1. Rebecca Tognala says

Hi Sarah,

This recipe looks delicious. Just on question – what is Cool Whip? I’m in Australia and I don’t think we have it here. Is it cream?

Thanks!

Hi Rebecca! It’s whipped topping! If you have regular heavy cream, you can whip it with a little sugar into whipped topping. Are you able to find heavy cream? Do you know how to whip heavy cream into whipped topping? I’d be glad to write out instructions for you, just let me know! Thanks!

• Laycee says

Can u tell me the difference between Heavy cream & normal/ wipping cream & where would i find it i live in Northern Ireland so things are called different x

This recipe calls for Cool Whip or whipped topping. You could take heavy whipping cream and beat it with sugar to produce a similar product if you don’t have Cool Whip or whipped topping available! I hope that helps!

I don’t think I’d make it more than a day or two ahead of time! It keeps well, but if you want it really fresh for the holiday, I’d make it only a day ahead. It needs time to chill, so that’d be perfect. Honestly, if you use a prepared pie crust, the filling mixes together in minutes! Let me know how it turns out for you!

• Carri says

The Pie was Delicious ! Everyone loved. I made the crust the day before and whipped up the filling morning of my dinner. The only thing I would do different is reduce the powdered sugar a little. A bit too sweet for us. Otherwise super easy and so good.

Oh I’m so glad you like it! It would be very easy to cut back on the sugar and you wouldn’t miss it. It’s definitely a rich pie! Thank you so much for your comment. :)

2. Valerie Lisk says

Could you tell me what 1 c means, do you mean 1 cup of sugar.Can you write the quantity in grads or imperial measures.

3. Valerie Lisk says

If possible could you write the ingredients of the no bake peanut butter cheesecake in grams , or imperial measure. ( ozs) Thank you.

You could! It def doesn’t need it though – it’s a rich pie! Something like a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs or shortbread crumbs might be better for a change in texture!

I have this recipe and it calls for 8 oz. cream cheese, and 1/2 C. milk also.
    The recipe will make 2 – 1 crust graham cracker pie filling.
    Delicious !

5. Jane says

I had company coming over for dinner and in this intense heat the last thing I wanted to do was put the oven on. I am a peanut butter addict so I just had to try this! Since everyone these days is trying to watch what they eat I decided to get a bit sneaky – I used lite pb, lite cream cheese, half the sugar and half splenda and lite cool whip – and not one person could tell! They all raved about how creamy and rich the pie was lol This is a recipe I can see myself making over and over again. Thanks!

This is fantastic! I love the adjustments you made, Jane. I love that you lightened it up, and no one knew. I’ll remember those tips. Thank you so much!!

6. Uarda says

Hi Sarah,

I have tried my own low carb version. Instead of cookies, I used roasted ground almonds for crust, and stevia instead of sugar and it still turned out to be so delicious. Thank you so much for this great and simple recipe, because I love peanut butter and got kind of bored just eating it with bananas. 😉 😀

Hi Uarda! I’m so sorry I missed this comment! I’m SO GLAD you liked the recipe, and I LOVE that you made it low carb. What an awesome idea. The almond crust sounds amazing. Thank you for the kind comment!! :)

1. […] to make pies. Well, more specifically, I hate to make pie crusts. With that part out of the way, pies are easy and a cinch. It’s the crusts that really get me. I think most of us can agree that it can be frustrating […]